Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Travel agent rings

I just got a call from a travel agent friend, who I had asked whether he could do any better for me than the price I had found through my own research on the internet. He rang me with the best fares that he could obtain which saved me about A$200 because he gave me a discount, which was basically the agents booking fees and profit. Thanks .........!

As it stands at the moment I have a booking with Air New Zealand, out of Melbourne on 29th Dec, to Auckland which is a 3.5 hour flight followed by a 2.25 hour break. We would then have a 12 hour flight to LA where I will have to go through US Customs. Hopefully 4.25 hours will be long enough to go through Customs and make the connecting flight to Vancouver which would be 3 hours. I would then have to go through Canadian Customs.

How is it that after 3.5 + 12 + 3 hours of flight time and 2.5 + 4.5 hours of time in transit I will arrive in Vancouver approximately 6 hours after I leave Melbourne? Send me an answer if you can work it out.

It looks like I will arrive in Vancouver on December 29th - just in time for New Year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, my name is Karen and I am a teacher in Vancouver about to head to Melbourne switching lives with Sharon S. If you can believe it my friend Beth's son Jamil will be in your class. Enjoy living in Canada as much as I will enjoy living in Australia.