Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Day

I drove Nigel to Mt Seymour ski area so that he could start work. It was impossible to move his car. The driveway was so icy and had too steep a slope. We had received about another 15 – 20 cm of now overnight.

I then went home and spent a couple of hours trying to clear the driveway. The snow on top was not too bad, but the ice on the driveway had to be chipped away. I finally got it out at about midday.

In the afternoon I drove around a bit to get my bearings by car. Not many shops were open on New Year’s Day. I did find the Capilano Mall, and they had a Wal-Mart and Sears stores open. I went in to wander round and compare prices on goods to those at home. Most things dollar for dollar appear about the same. Wal-Mart had groceries, so I got some things that I needed.

Nigel got a lift home from Mt Seymour and thanked me profusely for getting his car out. He said that he owes me a case of beer.

No comments: